Thursday, May 28, 2009

Snorkeltown USA

We went on a crew-only snorkel excursion!


Home.


Some of the crew as we approached our snorkel spot.


The spot. Doesn't look like much from above but there is a gigantic colorful coral reef under there. Also under there: beautiful fish, sea turtles, and even a white-finned shark which both Brett and Jeff got to see!! I went back in looking for it but had no luck.



Lunch time!


Heading back after a fun day. (Oh yeah, my crappy snorkel gear broke because it's crappy and broken)


Snorkeling in Hilo 5-26-09

Brett and Mark walking on lava which makes up most of the coast line in Hilo and makes for beautiful black sand beaches.





Apparently I have red hair.


I saw a freaking sea turtle!!


Snorkel for life!!


Snorkeling. This last week has been all about snorkeling for me. It started with a breakfast conversation Brett and I had with some of the musicians last week. They told us about the snorkel hot spots on some of the islands and even where to buy decent snorkeling gear at a good price (Wal-Mart). Me, Brett, and Mark went to the black sand beaches of Hilo (on the big island) where I snorkeled for my second time. The first time I snorkeled was in Kona immediately after Brett and I bought our snorkel gear from Wal-Mart. The THIRD time I went snorkeling was yesterday, also in Kona, with most of the cast and a lot of the ship's crew. My snorkel mask ripped. Maybe Wal-Mart isn't the best place for snorkel equipment.
Anyway, I really like snorkeling!!
(Snorkel or Snorkeling was said 17 times in this post. 19 times.)

No comments:

Post a Comment