Monday, May 18, 2009

Transportation Worker Identification Credential

Not happy about anything TWIC. (Starbucks in Kauai airport)

Cool little jet we took. Flight time: about 25 minutes



Depressing headline in the paper I read on the plane.

In cab. I told my cab driver, Joe, to step on it. Yes I literally said, "step on it". He said he's on "Hwaiian time".


Stupid card.

Back onto the plane. It was the same one.


Just being cool. You know.

Every form of ID I need to be on NCL's Pride of America


Today I had to get my TWIC card. A TWIC card is required for anybody who works within the ports. It's a big freaking deal. Background checks and fingerprints and Homeland Security are all involved with this card. Funny thing is, if you ask anybody who has one they say it's just another way for the government to make money. Whatever. For me, a TWIC card means hassles. When I didn't have it, I used to show security my reciept showing that I had paid for my card. Everytime I boarded the ship there was a freaking TWIC issue. Jeff had let me know that the ship's HR department wanted to see me about my TWIC status. The deal is, I applied for the card in Long Beach and then had it transfered to Honolulu. Stupid me for thinking that Honolulu would be an acceptible location for pick up. You see, the ship is in Honolulu EVERY Saturday and I found out that the TWIC office is CLOSED on Saturdays. I tried to have it transfered to Maui (where the rest of the cast got their cards) but there was no guarentee of it's arrival date and I needed the card sooner than later. SO, I took a flight from Kauai to Honolulu, spent 30 minutes in Honolulu, then flew back. I got the stupid card. Good greif.

No comments:

Post a Comment