Thursday, June 24, 2010

Funny how things happen

Last week my buddy, Derek Miller, sent out a message on Facebook asking people if they could give a few hours of their day to do some background work on a project he was working on. Derek is one of the nicest guys in this industry and has helped me more than once, so it was my pleasure to help him out. Lauren and I could only give him two hours of our time because of a gig that Lauren had at Jimmy Kimmel Live that afternoon. The shoot took place in a cute coffee shop and we had fun pretending to be patrons in conversation. About an hour into us being there, Derek came up to me and said that they were having a hard time contacting one of their leads and that they may need me to step up. Well, it happened. Lauren took my car and left me in a trailer changing into my wardrobe and trying to learn my lines as quickly as possible! It was crazy. We shot three episodes of this web production and I got to play an awesome role all because I was at the right place at the right time. Once again it ends up being Derek helping me out. During a slight break in the shooting, the 2nd A.D. walked up to me and said, "Funny how things happen."

Derek and I (I'm in wardrobe. I don't own anything like this.)

Fun working with Kimberly Irion and Henry Dittman!

Pete Carboni was in this thing!

Had some fun dialogue with Retta from Parks And Rec!

No comments:

Post a Comment