Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Haleakala the sunrise

3:30 in the A.M.


After an hour long van ride we reach the top of Mt. Haleakala. See that little star just above the horizon? It's not a star, it's Venus!


One thing you can't see in these pictures is the 35 degree temp!! After spending 7 months in the 80's, 35 is cooooold!


Ben, Robyn, and Christa make up the rest of our crew.


Because of the cold our guides handed out coats and pants to everyone. Keep in mind it was pitch dark when the handing out of these items took place.


I had no idea I looked like this! Look at those crazy pants! It was only when the sun's light started to appear that I realized I was wearing MC Hammer pants.


Anticipating the sun's arrival.

Almost there...


There it is! That little dot. Everybody on the mountain started cheering and clapping!! Look at those clouds.


Beautiful.

Robyn and I and a couple of our friends went on an awesome Haleakala excursion. We got picked up at the ship at 3:30am and then driven to the top of Haleakala to watch the sunrise. After the sunrise we BIKED DOWN Haleakala! Like I said: awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment